Monday, December 29, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
First...Snow is just another form of rain...and seriously people...we should know how to drive in the rain in good ole rainy washington!
Second...fresh snow is actually easier to drive in than freezing rain, sleet, slush, etc.
Third...a big lifted, pimped out truck does not mean that you will be able to stop any faster, get going any easier, etc. SO slow down! All it means (besides that you probably have a tiny pee-pee) is that you may be able to get out of a ditch easier! :)
And Lastly... just slow down...anything is manageable at an appropriate speed.
I made it to work this morning at 6am DOWN Tumwater Hill just fine...I think you people can make it into your appointments too! :)
But, I am thankful for the rare all-day to myself! Jeremy is already at work, Hayden already at daycare, so I have all day to do whatever I please, without any interruptions! I think I may actually catch up (as if that's even possible) on my scrapbooks! Happy Snow Day everyone!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Last weekend was Nicole's final fling...before her ring! ;) Sadly, it's taken this long for me to re-group and get back to normal after a night of drinking! I have definitely lost my tolerance, but had fun nonetheless! We started the night at Brewery City Pizza for dinner (& drinks!), then went to the hotel to settle in. We then hit Pints & Quarts, where nic decided we all needed to take shots! :( After that, we cabbed it back to O'Blarney's (bar within walking, or shall I say stumbling distance to the hotel). The most memorable part of the night had to be walking Nic back to the hotel. Mom (the sober one!!) and I attempted to walk her "home" but with shoes and drunkeness...we took a tumble (or three!) Just before the last fall, we convinced nic to take off her clunky shoes. With mom's hands full of purses/shoes/etc., when we all fell again, she caught herself with her face. She had a huge goose-egg on her cheekbone, some serious parking-lot rash and a cut on the bridge of her nose. Once we were safe and sound in the hotel, we determined she needed stitches, as it never stopped bleeding! SO, off to the ER for hours for Mom! :) Three stitches later, a bag of ice and she's as good as new! :) I'd post pics, but she'd kill me! Here's a few of the festivities!
Monday, December 1, 2008
I swear that this month was my favorite now! ;) She is doing and learning so many cute things!! She makes me smile every day and I would do anything to make her happy! :)
For some reason, our pediatrician doesn't do 9 month well checks (just fine by me, since it's out of pocket and she doesn't need any immunizations). But, she went in a few weeks ago for an ear infection and weighed 20 pounds even and was 27 inches. She is still in a size 3 diaper and mostly 9 month clothes, depending on brand. She still has the same four teeth, but you can see her upper centrals (#e & f) just under the gums! No wonder she's been biting everything (& everyone!) in sight!
- Standing very well and cruising along and between furniture (she'll walk sooner than later I think!)
- She is standing unassisted for a few seconds before she realizes it and then falls over!
- She is so very careful when she gets down from a standing position!
- She finally figured out that the traditional crawl is much faster than the belly crawl!
- She would rather feed herself than get anything from a spoon, which is oh so fun for mommy! She's eating all sorts of table food and loved cranberry sauce during thanksgiving dinner!
- She is very vocal lately...all sorts of words!
- She is quite the mimic now...she snorted at me so I did it back and then all day she would look at me and snort. Once I did it back to her, she'd bust up laughing!
- Speaking of laughing, she thinks it's hilarious when we sneeze or cough...but especially funny when mijo coughs. Weirdo!
- Because coughing is now funny...she does a great fake cough all day long!
- She's started to do stuff on command, like wave bye-bye, high fives, etc. And lately has started doing the point (more like puts her arm out and points her hand (not finger) towards something or someone)
- She reaches up to us now to pick her up! :)
- She knows the word NO but still pretends to not understand! And really really wants to get into the plants and into stuff on top of tables
- She's outgrown the rubber ducky bath tub and is now taking big-girl tubs!
Thats all I can think of now...I'm sure she is doing a ton of other stuff that I forgot! :) She's super cute and I'm not biased at all! ;)
Here's a bunch of pics from the last month:
A few of my favs:
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
On a side note, they weighed her at the dr today and she's 20 pounds 11 ounces!! She's at the 95th percentile for weight! :) My little miss piggy!
Here's a few cute pics to get you by! We were waiting for the dr to come in. Hayden ripped her shoe off and decided to taste it! :)