Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Declan's 1st Birthday! Silly Safari Style! ;)

Of course, Hayden had two birthday parties, so why not Declan too? And less than a month apart!? I'm seriously considering combo parties from now on. Their birthdays are just too close together (march 1st & 29th). We had Decs' Spokane party on Thursday, March 29th evening (his actual birthday).  His 2nd party was that weekend in Chehalis at my Mom & Kenny's house- actually in Kenny's Man-cave! He was so sweet to let us transform it to a "kid-cave" with only on rule: no cartoons allowed! ;) And of course, once I picked a theme, I rolled with it... way too far for a 1st birthday! ;)  His nursery bedding is Silly Safari and he is SUCH A lil monkey, it was an appropriate birthday theme.


LOVE the tiger striped balloons! And the green tissue pompoms were recycled yet again from Hayden's party! ;)  I made the happy birthday banner with my digital scrapbooking supplies!  

These cupcakes are SOOOO good!  They are a guinness (the alcohol bakes out!!) dark chocolate cake with the yummiest vanilla bean buttercream frosting & topped with shreaded coconut & mini chocolate chips! MMMMmmmmm! also- I made the party hats, food labels & cupcake wrappers/picks with my digital scrapbooking stash. Hayden actually cut everything out for me- that girl has MAD scissor skills for a 4 yr old!

Monkey mix = fruit & nut mix from costco with some coconut shreaded on top!

~LOVED~ his cupcake! It was in his ears & bellybutton!?



These next pictures are from his 2nd party at my Mom's house in Chehalis. Mostly the same theme, but added some more food, since we had a lot more people- especially kiddos!

Hungry Hippo Dip = cream cheese, powdered sugar, brown sugar, vanilla & chocolate chips. Yep it's basically a sugar high, but SOOO good with animal crackers or any graham crackers

zebra cakes cause I thought they would look cute! ;) plus my cupcakes are SOO chocolate-y these were an alternative for thos chocolate haters (they do exist- Jeremy.)

The best place to be! DESSERT table! ;)



I love this high chair that my mom has at her house for the grandbabies. It's so vintage- but not very functional- my son seriously needs some seatbelts to keep him sitting! ;)

He loved his balloons more than his dinner- action shot of his food getting tossed onto the man-cave floor! ;)

Happy Birthday Declan!


Not so into the cupcake this go-round but still managed to make a mess!


 Opening presents! He got a couple Super cute hats! And actually kept them on his head! :)
*notice my zebra shirt!? Not everyday I can pull that one off, but it matched the theme so well! ;) *


~My Boys~


At Declan's 1 year old check up, he weighed in at a whopping 24 lbs 8 oz (90%) and is 31 inches tall (85%). He is going to be a big boy! The pediatrician said he reminds her of a clumsy puppy with huge paws (he has huge feet!)  He is wearing 18 month (some 24month) clothes, size 5 shoe & size 4 diaper.  He is right on, if not ahead on a lot of his physical milestones (except walking, but he's taking steps, just a faster crawler!)  He is super busy & starting to get more vocal. He says mama & dada.  He loves his big sissy & follows her wherever she goes. He LOVES her bed & crawls up onto it & jumps & wrestles around. He also loves to climb up chairs & the dining room table. He loves baths & water but hates diaper changes and getting dressed. He REALLY wants to go play outside & whenever someone goes out the garage door- he gets really upset if he doesn't get to go along. Right now he has some MAJOR seperation issues & really only wants mommy, daddy or papa.  We just took his bottles away & switched over to milk, and he's not too happy about it. His favorite toys are nontraditional- boxes, cups, pots/pans, etc. He gives the best snuggles & wiggles his little body when you say "snuggle." He is my lil sweet boy & I can't imagine our lives without his crazy busy-ness! :) 

No comments: