Thursday, January 28, 2010

So Sad :(

We had our first OB appointment yesterday. All was well until we tried to find the heartbeat with the doppler- no luck. Dr said it was good it was wednesday cause the ultrasonographer is gone so we can just take a peek and see the heartbeat. He tried to find baby with ultrasound- but we could only see an empty gestational sac. We were referred for in depth u/s this afternoon which showed 6 week 1 day old embryo with no heartbeat. I should be about 10 weeks along. Looks like I'm having whats called a missed miscarriage- basically baby died but my body has not passed it. I go back next week for a follow up ultrasound, but it doesn't look good.

Everyone keeps saying maybe you were off on dates- but I KNOW my last period was nov 17th and I got a + urine test on dec 10th. That basically makes it impossible to only be 7 weeks along, not to mention the heartbeat thing. So, I don't know. I guess I just thought it'd never happen to me, since we have one beautiful happy girl already! With the timing of it all, we most likely conceived on Dick's birthday (who passed almost exactly 3 months ago). I really thought this miracle baby was a sign from him looking after us, but now...I don't know what to think.

On a side note- Hayden went right down without a fuss last night and slept all night for the first time in 2 weeks! Maybe she knew I was mentally and emotionally exhausted!


Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. It means a lot right now!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am so sorry (((((HUGS)))) We continue to keep you all in our prayers.