Wednesday, October 28, 2009

~Heart Broken~

http://www.chronline.com/articles/2009/10/27/news/doc4ae72c04d6f8f534136003.txt

Some of you may have seen on my facebook, but my stepdad (he and my mom weren't married, but they dated for 11 years, so all things considered, he was my stepdad) died on sunday. My mom is devastated and traumatized. She was with him, gave him cpr and in the ambulance as they tried to save him. She wouldn't leave him at the hospital until the coroner arrived and had to take him to do an autopsy. I've never seen her such a wreck before. My sister and I have made sure she's never by herself, especially at night. So far, nights have been the worse for all of us. And Hayden keeps saying "gama sad." She saw pictures of Dick yesterday and kept pointing to them and saying "diiiick" - he loved how she drug out the "i" sound in his name. I'm sad that she's too young to remember her "papa pepperoni" (he had a deli that made yummy pepperoni and all his grandkids called him that!) We're all just so sad and still in shock. Last night we (mom, nic, derek, jake and I) went up to the lake cabin to watch the sunset and it was beautiful (and there was the biggest,prettiest rainbow all the way there), but hard. It's just not the same there without him. It just doesn't seem real...

THEN...(because when it rains, it pours) my great grandma (my mom's grandma) had a heart attack yesterday morning! The last thing my mom needs is to worry about her! She's okay, but Jeez...

No comments: